Friday, January 30, 2009

Welcome to My Take on Gaming


Hi there. Welcome to My Take on Gaming, where I will introduce you to the world of video games as I see it.

My name is Jimmy Lynch and I am what you might call a "casual gamer." I enjoy playing video games in my spare time, but I rarely postpone more important activities in order to get more gaming in.

Compared to more serious gamers, my video game collection is very modest. I own a Nintendo Wii and an Xbox 360, although I rarely play the latter at all. My game collection for each console can be counted on both hands because I tend to only buy games that I will not get tired of too quickly. Games that you play through once, simply to say you beat the game, and then never touch again are not very appealing to me. Those are the types of games I usually rent from Blockbuster.

The goal of this blog is to share my experiences and opinions on random games that I have loved throughout my life. I do not have one specific genre of games that I would call my favorite, as I tend to enjoy games of all varieties. One minute I could be all about first-person shooters, such as Call of Duty 4, and then without warning I could fall in love with action-adventure games, such as The Legend of Zelda, forgetting all about my previous infatuation with COD4. My taste in games is very oscillating.

I will be running this blog throughout the Spring Semester (possibly longer if I really get into it), and I hope you enjoy the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Visitors